Statistics is “a body of methods for making wise decisions in the face of uncertainty.” Eliminate uncertainty regarding your future by wisely deciding to enroll in Fisher’s statistics program.
As a statistics major at Fisher, you will:
- Apply mathematical and statistical methods to solve problems and make decisions.
- Acquire communication skills to allow you to effectively convey the results of statistical analysis to organization laypeople.
- Gain hands-on experience with statistical software applications that are used in business and industry.
365备用网址APPThe curriculum for the statistics program includes courses on mathematical statistics, probability, and statistical methods used in the social and behavioral sciences and professions.
Of the program's 41 required credit hours, 32 credits are composed of an introductory statistics course, six foundations courses, two courses in mathematical statistics, and a lab experience course. The nine remaining credit hours are electives offered within the program and a capstone experience. Quantitative courses in other departments may be granted elective credit with permission of the program chair.
As a statistics major, you will be required to take either a second major or a minor.
Life After Fisher
365备用网址APPEmployment prospects for graduates in statistics are high, and entry level salaries for starting analysts or data specialists are very good.
365备用网址APPA major in statistics will prepare you for good jobs involving research, data analysis, and consulting. These skills are in demand in many professional areas, from education to health care, to nonprofit and governmental organizations.
365备用网址APPAcross upstate New York alone there are several universities with graduate programs in statistics, applied statistics, medical statistics, and biostatistics, including:
- Cornell University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Syracuse University
- University at Albany School of Public Health
- University at Buffalo
- University of Rochester Medical Center